I have to admit, surprise surprise, I'm pretty darn excited for the Apple Watch! Today I had to discuss the Apple Watch on my segment, since I spent a couple of hours yesterday watching the Apple Special Event keynote. After the months and months of wondering what features the watch would have, how it would integrate with the phone, and PRICE, we finally got our answers yesterday. Starting at $349 and soaring all the way to $17,000 for the gold model I initially thought I wanted. Go ahead and see what we chat about today on the show, and read below for a few more details.
There are so many features I didn't get to discuss, but here's a list of a few I can't wait to try out!
- Apple Pay - Just hold your Apple Watch over the terminal at one of the 700,000 participating locations to quickly check out.
- Activity app - Gives you a current standing as to how much moving you've done today AND get notified if you've been sitting too long.
- Workout app - Keeps up to date stats (pace, speed, distance) when you've doing workouts like running, walking, cycling.
- Unlock your hotel room at participating locations.
- Conveniently board your plane using the Passbook app without having to carry anything in your hands.
If you're interested in checking out one of the other comparable smart watches, here are a few: